Location: Portico of Hallie Brown Ford Fine Arts Center. The portico is the large covered area in front of the ticket window. It provides substantial protection from rain.
Classes: 2 Classes: Adult and K-12. University students will compete as adults.
Awards: 2 champions in each class and best of show (5 total awards). Special awards from various companies and organizations will also be given.
- Contest is open to all individuals
- Each individual can submit up to three entries
- Entries must be made of at least 80% recycled materials
- No containers that contained flammable products will be allowed
- Entries must be stable enough for transportation
- Entries will be judged by Ada-Green and Sustainable committee, and ECU staff
- A photo of the original recycled materials used prior to creating art is required. An official entry form (photocopies are acceptable) must be completed and securely attached to the photo of the original recycled materials used.
- By submitting artwork, the artist grants permission to reproduce and display his or her name, photograph and artwork for the Earth Day Recycling Art Contest and for other waste reduction and promotion activities.
- The use of copyrighted characters is prohibited.
- Entries forms must be submitted to the Ada Chamber of Commerce Office, 209 West Main, by 2 pm Wednesday April 20th, 2011.
- All entries must be on display by 9 am on April 21st and removed by 7 pm. Set up and removal is the contestant’s responsibility. A limited number of easels and presentation walls will be available on a first come first served basis.
- This is a family-friendly event. Any entry that is deemed potentially offensive, by the contest judges or coordinators, will be rejected.
For a form, additional Information or questions contact: