"Ways and Reasons to Conserve Water in My Hometown”
Attention Students & Teachers:
To celebrate Earth Day, the Ada Recycling Coalition (ARC) is sponsoring an essay contest for High school and Jr. High school students in Pontotoc County and will award the following:
- High School: First Place – $200 Runner-up – $50
- Jr. High School: First Place – $200 Runner-up – $50
Here are the details:
- Contestants will be judged on their understanding of the general subject of water conservation, their demonstrated knowledge of key issues, originality and style.
- Title: "Ways and Reasons to Conserve Water in My Hometown"
- Deadline: Friday, April 12, 2012 – 5 pm.
- Essays are to be submitted to Trudy Nevland, as follows:
- Mail – 231 South Townsend, Ada, OK 74820
- Hand Deliver – Public Works (220 West 7th Street) or City Hall (231 South Townsend)
- E-mail – email@example.com (electronic submissions are encouraged)
- Fax – (580) 436-8092
- 500 words or less. Must by typed and double-spaced.
- Cover sheet to include: name, grade, school and telephone number.
- Winners will be acknowledged at ARC’s annual Earth Day meeting in April where they and a guest will be treated to lunch.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call.